The Q*Bert Project
Another project has begun...
It seems like I'm working on quite a few different projects right now--some
of which I don't even have time to put up on the site (my SA '91/DL2
daughterboard for example). But, I recently had the opportunity to pick up
a Q*Bert machine for a really good price.
In the next few weeks I will be adding more pictures of my Q*Bert machine,
the restoration process, and getting it working. It wouldn't be fun if
there wasn't some work to do. And while I like Q*Bert, I'm not as
paranoid about making mistakes (at least not like with my Dragon's Lair II!).
So I'll probably be doing some touch up painting,
maybe recapping, and certainly a lot of cleaning and re-soldering.
UPDATED 7/6/200: Here is what I did to install a new
control panel overlay. It looks much better now!
UPDATED 12/13/1999: Finally, pictures of my Q*Bert. I do have
some pictures of what my Q*Bert looked like before I restored it, and I hope to have pictures
up sometime in the future.
UPDATED 12/12/1999: I had MKnox13415 over last night,
and we were looking at my Q*Bert restoration. He pointed out that he'd never quite seen
a marquee like mine...